Prawn and mango salad recipe
To kick off Australia's Healthy Weight Week, Sprout Cooking's Callum Hann and Themis Chryssidis share a fresh and juicy salad recipe.
24 large peeled and deveined prawns
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded and diced
2 punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
1 mango, flesh removed and diced
1 shallot, finely sliced
Small handful fresh mint leaves, torn
Small handful coriander leaves, torn
11/2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Juice of two limes
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1 long green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
Small handful coriand
- To make the nahm jim, stir fish sauce, brown sugar and lime juice together until sugar dissolves. Stir through garlic, chilli and coriander.
- Pour half of the nahm jim onto the prawns and stir to briefly marinate the prawns. Reserve remaining nahm jim for serving.
- Combine cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, mango, shallot, mint and coriander in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns, and cook for 30–60 seconds each side or until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Divide salad between serving plates and top with prawns. Spoon remaining nahm jim over the top
Tip: Add more vegetables to your dishes by experimenting with different textures. For example, try grating,
slicing, dicing or mashing. Adding veggies helps to boost fibre, lower kilojoules, and adds colour, flavour and phytonutrients to your dish.