Mushroom and olive pizza with sundried tomato pesto recipe
A quick and easy pizza, rich with the flavours of basil, olives and tomato.
2 pieces of flat pita bread
Sweet vine tomatoes, thinly sliced
Button mushrooms, thinly sliced
Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
Sundried tomato pesto
1 cup semi-sundried tomatoes
½ cup cashews or macadamia nuts (soaked in water for 2 hours or overnight, rinsed and drained)
1 clove of garlic, squeezed with garlic press
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 handful of fresh basil leaves
Pinch of salt and cracked pepper
1. To make the pesto, blend all ingredients until well combined.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C.
3. Prepare ingredients – slice vegetables, separate basil leaves and discard stems, pit and halve olives.
4. Place two pieces of flat pita bread on baking paper on a baking tray.
5. Cover the pita bread generously with sundried tomato pesto. Arrange mushroom and tomato slices.
6. Place in oven and bake until the edges are slightly brown and crisp.
7. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and top with olives and fresh basil.