Healthy meals for healthy children
Stanford University is providing a free online course about child nutrition and healthy cooking.
Dr Maya Adam of Stanford Univeristy is facilitating a free online course where you can learn the basics of child nutrition and how to make healthy meals for healthy children and families.
The course is presented online over five weeks and requires a time commitment of approximately 2-4 hours per week.
Although the content is created for the U.S. much of the information is relevant to everyone.
The course covers the nutritional requirements of children before moving into practical information around:
- how to make a simple breakfast
- the six basic ingredients every cook should have on hand
- controlling portion sizes while maintaining satisfaction
- how to pack a quick, healthy lunch for a child
- how to shop for fruits and vegetables and navigate the supermarket for better health
- how to "make over" children's favorite foods, and help them enjoy healthier treats
- gardening as a way of getting children excited about fresh foods
- how to involve children in the kitchen
You can register for the course here.