Crumbed chicken and salsa in pita recipe
Emily Rose Brott shares a great chicken recipe from her latest book, Healthy Home Cooking for Kids.
2 chicken fillets, butterflied
1 1/2 cups wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon mild paprika
1 avocado, diced
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 wholemeal pitas
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced.
2. Slice chicken into nuggets, approximately 4 cm long. Place breadcrumbs, paprika and a pinch of salt in a bowl and mix.
3. Dip chicken nuggets into breadcrumbs until coated. Line a baking tray with foil and place nuggets on tray.
4. Cook for 25 minutes.
5. To prepare salsa, gently combine avocado, cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl. Toss with lemon juice, oil and salt to taste.
6. To warm pitas, wrap in foil and place in oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. To serve, slice the pitas in half, spread some mayonnaise over the base of the pita, and top with chicken nuggets and salsa.
Try more of Emily's recipes at emilyroserecipes.com