Healthy nachos recipe
A lighter way to enjoy your favourite Mexican feast.
Serves: 1 (double if you want to share!)
¼ packet blue corn tortilla chips
½ ripe avocado, cubed and mushed with a fork
½ carrot, thinly sliced
1 handful fresh chopped coriander
1 handful sprouts
¼ cup black beans
½ truss tomato, cubed
Cashew 'cheese' (or use a handful of store-bought grated cheese)
½ cup raw cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours or overnight, drained and rinsed)
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ clove garlic, minced
Pinch of salt and ground pepper
Tablespoon water if needed
1. Preheat oven to 180°C while you prepare the vegetables.
2. To make the cashew cheese, combine all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
3. Arrange corn chips on baking paper and top with the cheese. Place on a baking tray and heat for around 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and place on a plate. Top with avocado, carrots, coriander and sprouts.
5. Enjoy immediately, while the tortilla chips are crispy and warm and the veggies are fresh and crunchy.