Apple, oat, cranberry and chocolate muffins recipe
Simple and satisfying fruity muffins – the perfect 3pm pick-me-up.
½ cup (125 ml) rice bran oil
½ cup (150 g) honey
⅔ cup (75 g) rolled (porridge) oats
1 ½ cups (240 g) wholemeal self-raising flour
⅔ cup (165 ml) orange juice
2 apples, peeled, cored, diced
⅔ cup (90 g) dried cranberries
½ cup (65 g) chopped 70% dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (335°F) fan-forced.
2. Whisk eggs and oil together until fluffy. Mix in honey.
3. Add oats, flour and orange juice, and whisk until combined.
4. Add apples, cranberries and chocolate, and mix through.
5. Grease muffin tins with oil, and fill each muffin case three-quarters full with mixture.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the tin and placing them on a cake rack to cool further.
Recipe from My Secret Ingredient by Emily Rose Brott.