6 easy veggie-based meals
Eat your greens with these fresh and tasty dinner suggestions from the Dietitians Association of Australia.
1. Simple stir fry. Try an easy and quick Pad Thai stir-fry with extra vegetables – such as carrot, capsicum, bok choy, Chinese broccoli and ginger. (Try this Pad Thai for a slightly fancier option.)
2. One-wok wonders. Grab a bag of pre-cut stir-fry mix and add your protein of choice (such as lean meat/chicken/seafood/tofu) with plenty of garlic and chilli to make a quick, healthy and balanced meal.
3. Fresh salads. Make yummy and filling summer salads with soba noodles or rice noodles, fresh salad veggies, lean protein and zesty dressings. Add fresh herbs like mint, coriander and parsley for an extra flavour kick. (Check out our huge collection of salad recipes.)
4. Home-made hamburgers. Lean mince, wholegrain rolls and loads of fresh salad – filling, fun, refreshing and tasty! (Try these couscous and cannellini bean burgers for a delicious veggie option.)
5. Veggie and meat skewers. Alternate meat on skewers with colourful vegies, such as red onion, mushroom, capsicum, tomato and zucchini, and drizzle with lemon juice before grilling on the BBQ.
6. Stuffed vegetables. For an eye-catching dish, try zucchini, capsicum, mushroom or eggplant stuffed with quinoa or rice, mince and herbs, and top with breadcrumbs and grated cheese. (Try these stuffed capsicums or baked eggplant.)
Get more healthy eating tips at daa.asn.au