Scrumptious, bite-sized treats to get you through the afternoon.
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2-3 drops vanilla essence
Dark chocolate chips
1 cup oats (gluten free if needed)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 pinch of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a saucepan, combine almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla essence. Simmer on a low heat until melted.
3. Combine the oats, chia seeds and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Slowly pour in the wet ingredients, mixing simultaneously with a large wooden spoon to create dough.
4. Add dark chocolate chips to mixture.
5. Prepare baking tray by covering with baking sheets or parchment paper.
6. Heap dough using 1 heaped tablespoon per cookie and place them on the tray, around 4 cm apart.
7. Bake until golden brown (approximately 30 minutes).
8. Remove from tray to cool and enjoy!