What Sunday mornings were made for – luscious, wholesome pancakes, with the perfect amount of zest
Handful fresh mint leaves
3 dessert spoons almond meal
1 dessert spoon coconut flakes, or desiccated
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon coconut oil, for frying
Yoghurt of choice to garnish
1. Place a small pan on the stove on medium heat.
2. Place all ingredients (bar yoghurt and coconut oil) in a blender and combine until smooth.
3. Add the coconut oil to the pan when hot. Once melted, place 2 pikelet sized spoonfuls of the mixture into your pan and cook for 2 minutes. Using a spatula gently check the underside – you want them to be golden before you turn.
4. When ready, flip them over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Plate up and garnish with yoghurt of choice.