Brighten up any fiesta with these spice-infused, protein-rich, deliciously flavoursome parcels.
6 eggs, hard-boiled
2 x 280 g packets small corn tortillas
3 Spanish onions, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small red chilli, sliced
2 teaspoons cumin
2 x 240 g canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3 cups lettuce leaves
1 avocado, diced
2 limes and juice
2 tomatoes, diced
1 cup coriander leaves
2/3 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 12 hole Texas muffin pan with oil and lightly spray, both sides of the tortillas with oil.
2. Press 1 tortilla into each muffin hole. Weigh each down with baking paper and fill with uncooked rice. Bake for eight to 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool in pan. Repeat until all tortillas are cooked. Cool, store in an airtight container until required.
3. Sauté onions, garlic and chilli in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add cumin. Add beans and cook for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
4. Divide lettuce between tortillas cups. Top with bean mixture.
5. Toss avocado in 1/4 cup of lime juice and spoon into cups.
6. Top with tomato, coriander, diced hard-boiled egg and sour cream.
Recipe from Sunny Queen.