This deliciously healthy wrap is the perfect way to brighten up your lunchtime.
Prep time: 15
1/3 cup reduced fat natural yogurt
2 spring onions, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 large wholemeal mountain breads or pita wraps
1/3 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
2 tomatoes, chopped
3/4 cup grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 cup lean chicken breast or other roasted meat, sliced
Variation: For a vegetarian option, replace the chicken with falafels.
1. Mash avocado and stir in yogurt, spring onion and cumin.
2. Spread each bread with avocado mixture and top with corn, tomato, cheese and chicken, roll up.
3. Roll the wrap in greaseproof paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
- To prevent wraps from going soggy try removing the seeds from the tomato before chopping.
- Adding yogurt to the avocado bulks it out and stops it from browning. If you happen to have taco seasoning on hand use a little in the guacamole instead of cumin, but use sparingly as taco seasoning is high in salt.
Recipe provided by Dairy Australia. Visit legendairy.com.au for more dairy-rich family recipes.