Looking for a salad with a difference? Try a salad with vermicelli noodles.
½ packet vermicelli noodles
½ medium sized continental cucumber
1 medium sized carrot
½ red capsicum
½ Hass avocado
½ sweet potato
2 handfuls of mixed lettuce
Fresh sprouts to garnish
2 tablespoons tahini
1 garlic clove crushed
½ lemon juice
1 teaspoon cracked pepper
Herbal salt to taste
Fresh dill and chives
Splash of water if needed for consistency
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil, then add noodles. They will cook quite quickly (around 5 minutes)
2. Drain noodles and set aside.
3. Blend all sauce ingredients until smooth and place in a small dish
4. Boil sweet potato and beetroot until cooked, and allow to cool.
5. Prepare vegetables. Cut cucumber, carrot, capsicum and sweet potato into stalks. Slice sweet potato, beetroot and avocado.
6. Fill two bowls with fresh mixed lettuce leaves. Arrange ingredients on top, serve with herbed tahini sauce and enjoy.
See more of Natascha’s recipes at cleancookingrecipes.com