For a healthy and interesting take on an old favourite, try this eggplant and sweet potato pizza.
2 baby eggplants, wide grate lengthways
2 small (400 g) sweet potatoes, peeled, wide grate lengthways
1 red onion, sliced in thin rounds
1 tablespoon rice bran oil
Rice bran oil, for brushing
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 Lebanese wholemeal flatbreads, large
100 g (4 balls) bocconcini cheese crumbled
8 basil leaves, torn
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced.
2. Spread eggplant, sweet potato and red onion over 2 baking trays. Toss with oil and season with salt. Cook for 15 minutes.
3. Mix oil and garlic in a bowl and then brush over the flatbreads.
4. When eggplant and sweet potato has cooked, remove from oven and turn heat up to 200°C (400°F). Spread vegetables over the 2 flatbreads.
5. Crumble bocconcini over the vegetables and scatter basil leaves over the top.
6. Cook pizzas for 10 minutes and serve.
Recipe from My Secret Ingredient by Emily Rose Brott.