A tasty one pot winter warmer to soothe the soul.
1 can oil spray
500g blade steak, diced into 3cm cubes
1 red onion, chopped
1 celery stick finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp dried thyme
1 carrot, cut into chunks
1 turnip, cut into chunks
1 parsnip, cut into chunks
4 kipfler potatoes, cut into quarters
2 bay leaves
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs BBQ sauce
1½ cups beef stock
Salt & cracked black pepper to taste
8 brussels sprouts, ends trimmed & cut into quarters
2 tbs chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1. Heat an oil sprayed non stick fry pan over high heat and cook meat in batches until browned and add to slow cooker.
2. Add onion to pan and cook over low to medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add garlic, celery and thyme and continue to cook for a few minutes then add to slow cooker.
4. Degalaze pan with beef stock, making sure to scrape all the browned bits stuck on the pan and add to slow cooker with chunks (except brussels sprouts), bay leaves, sauces and salt & pepper.
5. Cover and cook for 6 hours.
6. Add brussel sprouts and continue to cook for another 20 minutes, adjust seasonings.
7. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Recipes supplied by Weigh It Up