Surprise your guests at a summer barbecue with this no fuss-dessert.
4 bananas, left in the skins and cut lengthways down one side to make a pocket
4 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon of butter per banana
¼ cup peanuts, crushed
Vanilla ice cream to serve
1. Mix the brown sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and then divide amongst the bananas, stuffing into the centre of each.
2. Place ½ a teaspoon of butter on to the top of each banana and put each onto a piece of foil before adding to the grill plate.
3. Leave to cook for around 20 minutes.The skins will start to go black.
4. Transfer to a serving plate.
5. Serve with vanilla ice cream and crushed peanuts.
Recipe from Australian Bananas.