Asparagus, Leek and Pea Tart is a delicious and easy dish for lunch or dinner.
Fresh peas, asparagus and leeks – this winning trio makes an easy weekend lunch. Herbs are everywhere in spring, try planting a small herb garden so you’ll always have some on hand.
1 Leek - trimmed and white part thinly sliced
1 clove of garlic - crushed
200g Light Philadelphia spreadable cheese
½ cup low fat Tzatziki
¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper
Bunch of asparagus -woody ends trimmed and cut into 3 cm lengths
½ cup frozen or fresh peas
3 Tbs chopped parsley - plus 2 Tbs to garnish
1 Tbs chopped dill- plus 1 Tbs to garnish
2 tsp pinenuts
2 sheets of fat reduced puff pastry - thawed
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Line a rectangular fluted quiche dish with pastry cover with baking paper and fill with baking weights, rice or beans and blind bake for 15 minutes. This partially cooks the pastry whilst the weight prevents the pastry from rising in the middle.
3. Remove weights and set aside.
4. Heat a sprayed non stick fry pan over low medium heat and cook leeks for 8-10 minutes or until wilted. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes more.
5. Whisk together cream cheese, yoghurt, eggs, salt and pepper until just combined, stir through fresh herbs and pour ¾ of the cheese mixture into the tart case.
6. Scatter over leeks, asparagus and peas and dollop on the remaining cheese mixture and scatter the pine nuts over
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until filling has set.
8. To serve, cool slightly, scatter over the remaining fresh herbs and serve with a salad.
Recipes provided by Weigh It Up