Optometrists Association Australia provides reasons why you should visit an optometrist.
5 interesting facts about your eyes:
- Your eyes are made up of more than 2 million working parts
- The human eye will focus on about 50 things per second
- Your eyes actually ‘see’ images upside down and then they send these images to the brain where they are flipped around correctly for us
- The human eye can distinguish about 2.7 million different colours and 500 shades of grey
- The human eye can process 36 000 pieces of information every hour
Reasons to see your optometrist:
- You’ve never had an eye test
- You want your eyes checked as part of your regular health checkup
- You have noticed a change in your eyesight over time: perhaps you can no longer read the things you used to be able to see easily
- You think you might need glasses or that your glasses might need changing
- You want to find out about contact lenses
- You have had a sudden change in your eyesight, like blurred vision, or the complete or partial loss of sight in an eye
- You’ve had an injury to your eye
- You’ve got itchy, red, or swollen eyes that could indicate an infection or allergy
- You have discovered a family history of eye disease
- You have been diagnosed with Diabetes.
- Your child is complaining about, or showing signs of, a vision problem
Optometrists Association Australia provides amazing eye facts and reasons why you should visit an optometrist.